Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Abandoned Building Near E. 59th and Euclid

Cleveland used to be a center of industry and manufacturing. When the jobs left, the buildings remained.

Most people will tell you that the abandoned factories are a blight and an eyesore, and many of them are coming down. Those of us who find urban decay to be beautiful, however, find a certain kind of charm in them.

My friend and I went down to E. 59th Street and Euclid to look at an abandoned building there. It was really quite lovely!


We were not able to go inside because the building was boarded up, but by sticking my camera inside holes in the board I got some decent interior shots.



I don't know anything about the building's history; a little research shows that it might be the old Ohio Knitting Mills building. If anyone has a clue, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment