Sunday, July 17, 2011

Daystar Boutique - Lakewood

Wondering where to buy incense in Cleveland? Liberal bumper stickers? "Tobacco" pipes? Hippie clothes? Handmade candles? Hemp jewelry? Incense holders that are shaped like dragons?

You know the kind of shop I'm talking about. That particular kind of boutique that is frequented by a particular kind of person. These places harken back to my childhood, as my friend when I was younger was an entrepreneur of one called Fire & Earth, back in the early 2000s, in the Great Lakes Mall. It was there I first learned to use a cash register and talk to customers.

So let's just say that the smell of incense and batik dresses will always remind me of my happiest days of youth.

Anyways, I digress. Daystar Boutique sells a great selection of things at a decent price. They sell incense for a cheaper price than the local dollar store in Rocky River does. Their bumper stickers are awesome to look at, even though using one might make you 100x more likely to get pulled over by the cops. And I could just spend all day there smelling candles.



So yes: I recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. This brings back so many memories of my teens and 20's. I was that kind of Save the Planet Hippie chicken. But I didn't wear Birkenstocks or wear tye dye. I love Daystar and I use to get my inscence there and my hemp jewelery and stickers for my very first car! I miss Daystar. I think I must visit to get a happy feeling of my memories again! Thanks for sharing this! Love all the photos!!!! PEACE OUT! LOL!

    ReplyDelete