Friday, July 15, 2011

La Gelateria

One of the best places in the Cedar-Fairmount district is La Gelateria. Cedar Fairmount is a great place to walk around and look at shops, get a bite to eat, and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area. Parking gets a little dicey, but if you park in the lot behind Aladdin's you should be fine.




For those who have not had gelato before, it's a lot like ice cream, except thicker and richer. My friend and I split the small size and it was plenty for both of us. There are tons and tons of flavors: we enjoyed the chocolate and the strawberries and cream. The decor is cheesy, adorable and romantic: there are pictures on the walls of famous paintings with a gelato twist. It's a very cute place: friends of mine used to skip class in high school and come here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg,
    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/16/1478093/restaurant/Ohio-City/Ohio-City-Burrito-Cleveland
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/16/1588334/restaurant/West-Side/Sweet-Moses-Soda-Fountain-Treat-Shop-Cleveland
    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:
    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon
    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/16/5648/Cleveland/Whats-in-Cleveland.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar
    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! I had ice cream from here before. I've eaten Ice Cream in Italy and miss it so much. This place is the closest place to Italian Gelato in this area. Second is in Toronto, Canada. I wish I could zap Gelato here. For now this comes the closest. I was disappointed when they didn't have nocciola (hazelnut) the day I went. They don't have as many flavors as in Italy but I know they cater to customer flow. Great pics Meg! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete